Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for advice on which parts to choose for a project of ours.

We have a Condec K-Loader, model 2331-1983. It is equipped with a Cummins V 378 C engine, and Allison transmission AT 545 83 C 26 (Modified). The vehicle has a maximum speed of 25 km/h. As we are not going to use it on the road, but for internal jobs with extreme demands for precision, we aim for a maximum speed of 7-8 km/h. Therefore, I am thinking about if it is possible to rebuild the transmission, or to mount a reduction gear out of the existing transmission.

Additionally, it is one more thing I wish to change. On the transmission, it is today mounted a gear selector with a morse cabel. Is there any rebuilding kits to be mounted on the gear selector shaft, such as an actuator kit (air/electrical), so that engaging the transmission is done by using a lever control?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Regarding reduction gear for your loader, I have a small 2 speed auxilliary with direct and 2.59-1 ratios, providing you have about 2' of driveline space you can sacrifice. . It's original application was a 1950's era GMC that used the GM 4 speed hydramatic transmission.

As to mechanical, air or electric actuation of the AT 545 , there were aftermarket controls such as used for airport refuelers etc . I can dig out my Allison sales and application books if you'd care to send me a private message, since you're in Norway .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts