Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your phone must be broken

I don't think your phone works Dustin, if it did you would have called me back by now. I have only left you about 10 messages and a couple emails. How can I get in touch with you? I just want to know when you will ship my adapter, I am not pissed off or anything(yet), I just want some communication from you on the status of my order. I am a small business owner too, and I know just a one minute phone call goes miles to quell any concerns a customer has and to get them back in your corner! Or just send me an email if you don't want to talk, I get it, you're busy, like the rest of us.

John
[email protected]
435-313-3547

·
Registered
296 Posts
not picking sides here, but dieseladapters dot com domain name is owned by Dustin Allmaras. IT shows a different phone number than what is on this thread, maybe you can get him on that one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dustin must be doing something right. He just got a mention in the August issue of Four Wheeler Magazine for the 4bt/6t accessory mount he makes for jonesys offroad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I sent Dustin a PM on here over a month ago concerning a 4bt to ZF5 (diesel) adapter and have not heard anything. There is a guy in Boring Oregon that makes adapters as well. His name is Kyle and he runs RePower NW, I will probably buy mine from him.

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sounds like 6bt is the only option in Dustins book, hah!
Yeah I'm sure he is the machining force behind the Jonses kit. So it makes sence he wants to steer as many that way as possible. He became very anti 4BD when people like myself started threads about adapting to the stock trans using Longbows method i.e. no money for him. Before that he was keen on the adapters for the 4BD then it just stopped almost over night and only a few months after he debuted them. It was what got me started down this road and i was planing on getting one till all the issues surfaced with his deliveries and service. I guess he must have that under control somewhat now since he has apparently resurfaced.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just wanted to let you know about my experience with Dustin Allmaras (Allmaras Machine/Diesel Adapters). I called him to ask a few questions about the economy adapter as well as find out how to pay for it. He didn't answer so I left a message. He called me back within a reasonable amount of time and then spent more time than I expected answering general questions that were outside the realm of his adapter. He is changing some things around and is not accepting paypal at the moment so I had to mail him a check. I screwed up the address on the envelope which ended up being returned to me as undeliverable. All my fault. Since I told him the check was in the mail, he did communicate with me that the check did not arrive. Once I did get the check to him, he shipped the adapter right out priority mail. In fact, he called me to verify my address and let me know he was on the way to the post office with it. It did arrive as promised and is really a precision work of art.

Between phone calls and emails, he initiated contact with me 4 or 5 times. I've been a hobbyist of all types of motorized vehicles for about 35 years and have dealt with dozens of vendors during this time. My experience with Dustin ranks as probably the best customer service I've ever received. BTW, I did thank him for the liner R&R tool that he made for the guys on this board to share.

·
Registered
182 Posts
is anyone in here using the ford adapter kit?

any reason for the filter relocation kit?

I've been going back and forth on what swap to put in my fj40, i was really unhappy with the ranger OD and H42 in my fj60, 3.73 gears and 31" tires pushed by the 4bd1t, the ranger OD made shifting gears a chore because of the excess slop.

I'm currently searching for a ford RTS toploader overdrive transmission (seems a rare little bird)

gearing is (should be around)
1st Gear 3.25:1
2nd Gear 1.92:1
3rd Gear 1.00:1
4th Gear 0.78:1
Reverse 3.25:1

matching to my land cruiser 3 speed case will still leave me pretty good off-road ability with my 4.11 gears and 32x11.5 tires and OD since i spend 95% of my time on the road (i DD a 40)

Now that someone is making an adapter kit to match the 4bd1t to the ford tranny i see no use in going with the 4bt as in my experience the 4bd1t is usually a cheaper motor and a smoother motor in a vehicle where only a thin layer of metal separates me from the engine bay. Having the extra 2-300 rpm to rev is also nicer. I don't plan on cruising over 65 anyway in a 40

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The Ford adapter puts the starter right where the oil filter would be thus the need for the relocation.
Correct. Even with the relocation kit it's very tight in there too.

FWIW, I bought my Ford adapter from Dustin a couple months ago and his customer service was exemplary throughout the whole process. I got one of the first of a new flywheel he was trying out but it didn't fit on my engine. He took it back to machine to the old specs and paid all shipping costs. I was also missing a couple bolts, I can't say if I misplaced them or they didn't get put in, but he sent a new set out no questions asked.

If I ever put another Isuzu in something else I hope he is still in the adapter business becasue I'd buy again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lets say you bought a kit used that did not come with it, then how would you go about getting your hands on one?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Please call or email, explain which kit you have and I will help you get what you need. There are 3 completely different kits for the Isuzu that we sell that mate up to NV4500's, each use different pilot bearings. Dieseladapters.com

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Doug, it's Dieseladapters.com A lot of the stuff is on there, but there are other things we have that aren't listed specifically like Isuzu filter relocation parts and we bundle the Isuzu-Cummins adapters with any Cummins adapter available (Put any tranny behind an Isuzu). I encourage people to call and explain what they are looking to do. They might not be clear what the best option is for what they're trying to accomplish.

I'm offering a $125 off sale on the Economy GM Isuzu adapter kits through the end of the March. We made a large run of these in preparation for tax return season, but the economy adapters have not been popular this year. The price is now $550 shipped anywhere in the US and these can ship affordably anywhere in the world a flat rate box can go.

The economy adapters work great in older non-IFS 4x4 trucks like the 60 series and solid axle chevy trucks or anything 2wd.

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
69Rambler is not currently a supporting vendor on this site.

Dustin I strongly suggest you contact the site admin to fix this or your marketing posts will be moderated.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts