Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ordered a adaptor from him back on dec 8th and haven't got it yet.. I got ahold of him in the 18th after many attempts and he said he was going to get it out that day.
As of today dec 29 2014 nothing. Ive tried calling, emailing, and texting.
I hope this is just a long case of misunderstanding and missed/over looked calls, voice mails, emails and texts
He seems like a great guy, even after reading all the complaints about him on here I still hope this works out. I think he's got a good product but something else is lacking maybe..

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
I ordered a adaptor from him back on dec 8th and haven't got it yet.. I got ahold of him in the 18th after many attempts and he said he was going to get it out that day.
As of today dec 29 2014 nothing. Ive tried calling, emailing, and texting.
I hope this is just a long case of misunderstanding and missed/over looked calls, voice mails, emails and texts
He seems like a great guy, even after reading all the complaints about him on here I still hope this works out. I think he's got a good product but something else is lacking maybe..
Sorry to hear about your problems. Your story isn't unique and Dustin hasn't been allowed to advertise his adapters on here for some time. We recommend anyone wanting to do business with him make payment through systems which offer buyer protection.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Thanks D for the resurrection of this. I have passed on 3 zuzi motors cheap for this reason. Not that he is the only game in town being broke had some to do with it too. Keep us posted street..

·
Registered
95 Posts
This really sucks.. Was amazing product.... I still haven't got a response, nothing.
Left him another message saying I'm esclating the paypal to a full dispute tomorrow at 12:00 EST time. Hope he makes right on this, I really want to tell you guys how well the adaptor works... I don't want the money i want my damn item..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Done some serious googling and found at least 25 cases of him pulling this scam. 75% of the cases were just missing parts, the other 25% were mixed, people in my position that finally gave up and moved on or they got nothing at all.
This one i posted the link to below is most recent one on google other than myself I can find with scamming going back to mid 2011.
This guy spent 5100+ dollars with him and is missing half of the parts he ordered!!! To top that its been 140 days sense he said he would ship the guys stuff. To date he still hasn't got all his parts. He just posted this about 15 days ago... I feel sorry for this guy....

Here the link: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/355315-did-i-get-ripped-off-5160-a.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just spoke to him today about ordering two of his kits. He was really helpful. I know others have posted positive experiences but I am a bit nervous about going forward.

Who else could I go to for an adapter for the 4bd2t to 96 Land Cruiser tranny? I like his solution and I don't have access to the tools to do the longbow method and I have the 343f

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its official Im very happy, but this guy is a snake.. He has avoiding me as i assumed.
I got a notice from paypal that says he has entered a tracking number and a B.S little message that says it will be here 31st.... He just updated this about 2 hours ago. Note it is just a label and hasn't actually been shipped. He did this to block paypal from puling money from his account.

Im not holdng my breath... I wish he would have just answered the phone and been honest about everything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just spoke to him today about ordering two of his kits. He was really helpful. I know others have posted positive experiences but I am a bit nervous about going forward.

Who else could I go to for an adapter for the 4bd2t to 96 Land Cruiser tranny? I like his solution and I don't have access to the tools to do the longbow method and I have the 343f
My experience was exactly the same at first. I thought this guy was a god... very nice on the phone! It was after i sent my money the contact went to basically ZERO from him. Its funny you talked to him yesterday because he wouldn't answer my calls, texts or emails...
I honestly believe he is a shady guy in my dealing with him. I just hope i get what i ordered... I wouldn't do business with him EVER again

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, i got some of my stuff today. Its missing all the other stuff i ordered..... holy SHI*

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's sad to see that he's still being...well.... himself. I too had some really bad experiences with him, but he likely won't go out of business until someone challenges him in the market place.

I got all kinds of stories from sick kids, car accidents and hospital visits as to why my kit was delayed and he wasn't shipping it. Once it did finally ship it, he decided to be a real PRICK and did a recall on the parts as soon as they landed at the local post office. After a quick public shaming on this forum, he released my parts, but does a customer whose paid $1400 and waited over a month really deserve this type of treatment? I think not.

So, decide for yourself if you want to do business with him, but I for one never will again.

Adam R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an adapter kit from him (4bd to cummins trans) He answered his phone promptly when I called with questions, and again when I called to order. Payed with paypal, and had parts in hand a week or two later. No complaints, parts are well made, and Dustin was good to deal with.

I have a G56 out of a late model dodge than will be going behind my Isuzu using this kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought an adapter kit from him (4bd to cummins trans) He answered his phone promptly when I called with questions, and again when I called to order. Payed with paypal, and had parts in hand a week or two later. No complaints, parts are well made, and Dustin was good to deal with.
I had the same experience a couple of months ago as well. When I got the kit he had forgotten the oil relocation. He apologized and said in packing he had set it aside and forgot. He promptly sent it out. No real complaints. Now if I can just find an engine...

By the way, my kit was to a 80 series Land Cruiser.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's great to hear! How did you get in touch with him, the 1-800 number on his site doesn't work and I emailed him 24 hours ago with no response as of yet. Which adapter did you get this time around? Thanks for your help!

EDIT: He replied to my email this afternoon and provided me with a new number - 503-545-3731. He took a significant amount of time to write me a personal email, answer all my questions, and give me real feedback on what I am looking to do based on his own experience. I look forward to writing a positive product review once I receive the new adapter.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My experience was exactly the same at first. I thought this guy was a god... very nice on the phone! It was after i sent my money the contact went to basically ZERO from him. Its funny you talked to him yesterday because he wouldn't answer my calls, texts or emails...
I honestly believe he is a shady guy in my dealing with him. I just hope i get what i ordered... I wouldn't do business with him EVER again
I didn't get that vibe at all. He went the extra mile to make everything right for me. I think he's just overwhelmed because I don't think his main business is adapters.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've emailed him several times and I'm emailing him tonight to place my order for the new adapter I need. I'll be sure to post here about my experience but I don't expect it will be anything different than I've already shared

61 - 80 of 89 Posts