Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I talked to Dustin in the phone today and ordered my SBF adapter. Super nice guy, I called him. We chatted for a minute then gave him the info needed to do the payment. He told me basically 1-1.5 weeks turnaround which I believe the site says 2-3 so that's great. I can't wait to bolt it all up!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I talked to Dustin in the phone today and ordered my SBF adapter. Super nice guy, I called him. We chatted for a minute then gave him the info needed to do the payment. He told me basically 1-1.5 weeks turnaround which I believe the site says 2-3 so that's great. I can't wait to bolt it all up!!
Did you ever get your adapter?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you ever get your adapter?
It will be here Wednesday. There were a few setbacks but he answered the phone every time I called and was more than helpful and obviously very busy. He is an extremely knowledgeable guy and clearly has a passion for diesel swaps. I'll follow up later this week when the package arrives.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's all here, safe and sound. Took about 1 month from order to delivery but well worth it. 5 stars overall in my book. Got to keep in mind this is custom stuff we are dealing with. No one starts from scratch and does a motor swap like this in a week. Dustin answered my calls, and emails, went above and beyond sharing personal experience and advice on my build, and is just a nice guy to talk to. A few times towards the end I was getting anxious and called him. Both times he said he was just about to call me. Being a business owner I know exactly how that goes. I know I need to be proactive and update a client but I just don't get to and then they beat me to it. All in all I'm very satisfied with my purchase, which is the 3rd most expensive part on my build right now. And I'm glad I supported Dustin's business.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's all here, safe and sound. Took about 1 month from order to delivery but well worth it. 5 stars overall in my book. Got to keep in mind this is custom stuff we are dealing with. No one starts from scratch and does a motor swap like this in a week. Dustin answered my calls, and emails, went above and beyond sharing personal experience and advice on my build, and is just a nice guy to talk to. A few times towards the end I was getting anxious and called him. Both times he said he was just about to call me. Being a business owner I know exactly how that goes. I know I need to be proactive and update a client but I just don't get to and then they beat me to it. All in all I'm very satisfied with my purchase, which is the 3rd most expensive part on my build right now. And I'm glad I supported Dustin's business.

great, I was actually hoping to see good news today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So what is the consensus from folks who have ordered recently? I recently picked up a few 4bd1t's and need some adapters. I want to have them all the same and searching for the best company.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did a group buy on the Land Cruiser (MUD) forum for an adapter (custom shaft) for the NV4500 to the HF2A t-case. The group buy was up for about a year, ended up getting 3 or 4 people. Everything was shipped when promised and I haven't heard any complaints. I had several phone conversations with him and he was helpful and I didn't feel like he was rushing me off the phone. There are some folks on MUD who have been burnt too, but a lot who have had good experiences.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, thank you to all who have purchased these kits and other conversion parts from supporting vendors of this site.

The GM adapter kits are close in function to kits that were sold by IDS, but with some design differences. Our bellhousing adapters are CNC machined from 6061 plate. The crankshaft adapter is 1045 steel bar, bolts to the crankshaft and holds a sealed ball bearing for stickshift applications. Two versions of crankshaft adapters allow these kits to work on both stickshift and automatic Isuzu engines (you must specifiy when ordering).

Kits include:

Aluminum bellhousing adapter with dowel pins installed for GM transmission
Steel crankshaft adapter with or without 6302 ball bearing
Socket head metric fasteners for the bellhousing adapter and crankshaft

In addition the parts in this kit you will need a 67-86 internally balanced GM flywheel or flexplate.

Pricing:

4BD1T/2T to a GM automatic transmission (700R4, 4L60E, 4L80E, TH400, TH350) $650

4BD1T/2T to a GM stickshift transmission (NV4500, SM465, GM Getrag) $665

*Special order steel crank adapters and bolts are available to work with an IDS bellhousing adapter eliminating the need to find a manual transmission flywheel. $350

Payment can be Paypal, Check or cash in person. Shipping is $25 or less in the USA.

Please call 7AM to 6PM Pacific time with questions and to place an order.

Allmaras Machine
Beavercreek, OR
503-545-3731
Ask for Dustin
Hi i am working on a swap 4dbt into a toyota fj80 with manual tranny h151. Do you have a adapter kit

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey @Jocho , he’s not been around in some time. I’d check over on Ih8mud.com, they have good info. What axle gears/tires are you planning to run? Your rpms are going to be pretty high most likely, the OD on those is not good. If you got an adapter to an nv4500, there is a mud vendor called Wits End that makes an NV4500-HF2AV adapter.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts