Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday went really smooth got the motor bolted down and tranny bolted as welll i am going to wire it put radiator in and finish a bunch of other bs though. I am going to fire it up one firday Hopefully check out the pictures will get more soon.

Two problems: The hydroboost master cylinder hits the pump Cant move it over any any suggestions on a quick fix.

also Any good tips to bleed the injectors

·
Registered
200 Posts
nice job. all the pictures and vids sure give me motovation

·
Registered
915 Posts
The master cylinder is meaty....I would introduce it to a grinder.

Loosen the injectors 1/2 turn and crank it untill you have fuel running out. Tighten and it should start in a couple seconds more of cranking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ditto on the grinding. You should be able to 'adjust the clearance' with a grinder... Also, I don't know if it's possible, but what aboud making the mounting flange thinner?

Super clean though! GREAT Job!!

BTW I think what you need are more horns ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was also gonna say a shim. I've seen a wedge-shaped shim that put a couple degrees of upward tilt to gain a 1/4 inch. (Shim at firewall/mount)

Is it possible to elongate the holes in the firewall for upward movement w/o messing up the geometry?

How you fitted a 4bt w/o scratching up that engine bay paint is beyond me:D

Real nice work!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I buy my Hydroboost units from Hydratech.com
I was going to have a interference issue on my Carryall between the Hydroboost ant the IP Pump. Paul at Hydratech made a special mount that gave me a few degrees up tilt and a few degrees to the left. Fit like a glove with room to spare.

Here is a link to my Hydroboost pictures. In the album text are the degrees of angle Paul added to the custom mount.
http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/hydroboostbrakesforpowerwagon

Paul

·
Registered
232 Posts
I WANT ONE (*sniff*) That is an outright beautiful job. Nearly as exciting as my wife (shhhh)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
One FINE install, Halfbreed! The factory wishes they could have done that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts