Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone has any suggestions on a good part number that will direct fit minus the vacuum pump into a 4BD1T.

Would like to upgrade mine to something 100A or higher, and have no need of the vacuum pump in the back of the original.

Anyone figured out which one would fit directly into same spot and same mount area without much modification, other than unbolt/bolt?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to find a direct fit part number that uses same mounting (not worried about the power outputs)
Just want the same setup as far as double pulley Vbelt and same mounting, yet higher AMP output if possible.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Don't get concerned about pulleys as all major brands can swap pulleys between about a dozen different options.Main thing is mounting tabs, volts and amps are what you need.
I've got an OEX alternator which is a copy of a Hitachi. But it has vacuum pump.

OEX HXA00570 Amp 12VCopy of Hitachi SP105469

·
Registered
14 Posts
The replacement part often comes without an air pump (they expect you to reuse yours)
I assume you’re going Hydroboost brakes off the powersteering?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to follow up on my first question:

Ended up rebuilding my original alternator, as I have no use for vacuum pump on the swap, I simply removed the pump and cut off the shaft (part that stuck out for the vacuum pump). Received different answers in regards to the bearing being "oiled" by the oil in the vacuum pump - apparently, not so as I've found out personally.
those do have a sealed bearing, which does not need the oil to be greasing it (will not cease up w/vac pump removed)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts