Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to allow people to just edit their posts all together? I can see this being extremely cumbersome for a admin to update. If I have to upload a the photo to a new site then send the address to a admin. It would be just as easy for me to click edit on my post instead of over loading a couple hundred images for a admin to sort out.

·
Administrator
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We understand that allowing each member to edit their posts seems like the most logical way to go about this but we don't want to open the possibility of users taking advantage of the open editing time frame to to go and edit their other posts and ruin the integrity of the forums. This way, we can ensure only those affected threads with broken images are worked on and we can keep track of it, regardless of the extra work it'll give us to do.

Currently, our techs are looking to see if they can find a global fix to alleviate these issues in the most convenient and efficient way possible that requires little to no work from both ends (us admins/mods and the members themselves).

Moving forward, we highly recommend that you use the Attachments tool within your Go Advanced option(can also be seen in your Settings) to host your images on our site here. I've gone ahead and increased the maximum file size type to 10 MB and made it so that registered and full members have now an increased attachment storage space to 50 MB, whereas supporting members and vendors have unlimited storage space.

Furthermore, for Chrome users we came across an extension that will enable you to see the broken images hosted from PB. Another temp fix for now (who knows how long it'll holdup) but here it is: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=enm

^ Click the link and choose to add the extension to Chrome. Then, you want to go to the Extensions main page. It's located in the top right corner menu button, the one that is 3 dots. Or, you can try this link: chrome://extensions/

Find the one youjust added (it's icon is the shape of a puzzle piece) and check the box thatsays "Allow Access to File URLs"

Clear cookies in cache (then refresh), load up a page with a photobucket link, and see if it worked.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter - we appreciate your patience while we get this sorted out.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts