Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any other aussies on here ? what do you drive ? how's the swap going ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
How about wish I was an Aussie people? I told my wife once that if Al Gore won the presidency I'd move to Australia to escape the ensuing insanity. Beside, ya'll get cool cars down under us Yanks only wish we could have. Until I heard you mention it once, I never heard of a Nissan Patrol, and I'm a long time Nissan afficianado.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
america gets all the cool cars. factory cummins and duramax. we seem to get all the pos here. patrols are just like a land cruiser. maybe called smething else over there ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
West Aussie here, Just starting to do my home work for a Cummins into a
1990 F150. Orginal 351windsor ZF 5 speed, 3.5 gears. Was thinking of the
6bt but after being on here for a while the 4bt might be more what I'm after.

Wayne

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
West Aussie here, Just starting to do my home work for a Cummins into a
1990 F150. Orginal 351windsor ZF 5 speed, 3.5 gears. Was thinking of the
6bt but after being on here for a while the 4bt might be more what I'm after.

Wayne
from what i read on here, that is one of the easier swaps around. i have a '77 f100 and it motors along beautifully. it even pulls around 4 tons relatively easily.

and dougal, if you're any good at anything, australia will adopt you. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Briney,
Where abouts did you get your 4BT from? and how much roughly did the conversion cost you. I had a quote from a guy over this way and he estimated anywhere between 15k and 20k but that sounded a bit extreme.........

Yeah I'm reading the same in the forum that my conversion should be pretty straight forward.

Wayne

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Briney,
Where abouts did you get your 4BT from? and how much roughly did the conversion cost you. I had a quote from a guy over this way and he estimated anywhere between 15k and 20k but that sounded a bit extreme.........

Yeah I'm reading the same in the forum that my conversion should be pretty straight forward.

Wayne
i bought my engine, with ford manual adaptor from queensland motor recyclers. the engine cost me $ 3850. i used a few bits and bobs i had here to fit it. i reckon i had it in and driving for $5500. just spent $1800 on my injector pump. it had sat with water in it, and shit itself majorly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh no dougal, the yanks have got him now. we're safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts