Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a few threads about putting one in an older Dodge with the squared off body style but why isn't anybody putting one into a 1990s half ton truck? Am I not searching on here correctly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK

Any reason why you don't want to put one in a half ton Dodge? I'm surprised nobody has done this swap yet.

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
Everything has to fall into place.........

You just need all the right circumstances for it to happen. Sort of being similar to a lottery; having the truck as a starting point, living in a state where you won't be effected by emissions testing, the desire to go through all of the little aggravations of finding an engine and being capable of performing the swap, etc.
It looks like you may be the pioneer swapper provided everything falls into place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1989 R/c

I have a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger 1/2t 2wd with a 4bta. It's Cool should see all the heads bobbing. It was a fun project. I took my time did all the research and modifications and installations myself. Spent $5200. Needs new gears and I should be about 25mpg and it looks totally stock. No tall tires no lift, stock front end.and I drive it daily have only been on the road 2-1/2 months and already have 9000 miles on it. Great fun.
Should be as much fun in a pickup I just like the R/C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen a couple of build ups of Ram Chargers here and one of a mid 80s half ton. I was just wondering why I haven't seen any of the 90s Dodge pick ups. My thoughts on building a truck are to get a Ford pick up from the mid 80s through the mid 90s, lots of trucks out there and it seems like you can get everything you need to rebuild the truck from a catalog. It also seems like Ford had the biggest, most useful extra cab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts