Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get schooled on the basics of diesel motors as I don't want to mess my motor up. Any suggestions for a good book or even a website? TIA, Kief.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are two book books by Bosch. The first one is "Diesel distributer fuel-injection pumps" for the VEpump. That one may still be available on this site for download. Check the sticky sections for that one. The other book is also by Bosch and is, "Diesel fuel-injection an Overview". This book goes into:
Diesel engine, diesel cycle and operation, diesel fuels, fuel management. It also goes into controlling exhaust gas emissions. Fuel management goes into injection timing, one of the most important area to have a good knowledge of. Most of the information in the second book can be learned through these forums.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
I just went to the Bosch Web Site. Diesel Fuel-Injection an Overview is no longer available. Its been replaced by Diesel Engine Management an Overview. There is only 11 left in stock at Bosch, I just ordered one. The Bosch Number for this technical book is 1-987-722-138 and here is a direct link to the bosch web page;
http://www.boschtechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=product.search

Paul
You gotta love Bosch. I paid $19 for the last book I bought from them and they charged $19 SHIPPING! The whole world is getting into the EPay shipping racket. :eek:

·
Registered
808 Posts
You gotta love Bosch. I paid $19 for the last book I bought from them and they charged $19 SHIPPING! The whole world is getting into the EPay shipping racket. :eek:
HA !, they got me for $9.95 just for handling (simply called revenue) shipping was 7.61 via UPS.

Is all a racket

Paul (grinning and bearing

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Downloaded the Bosch injection off of this site, didn't dare do the manual on my 40 kbps connection... s l o w....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or you could pay 34.95 for that book at BARNES & NOBLE :rasta:

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
The Diesel Engine Reference Book.

SAE publish it, other companies do too. Everything you'll ever need to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts