Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I had a bad o-ring on my VE pump that I replaced over the weekend. While doing the reseal I noticed a lot of tarnish and sandy grime build up in the pump. I would like to send it to a shop for a professional cleaned, rebuild and flow tested.

Can anyone recommend me a shop or individual in the Houston area that does good work?

Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Don't know of one specifically, but you might call a big truck garage and ask them who they deal with. A city the size of Houston is bound to have several to choose from. If you go for a full rebuild, be prepared to spend some cash. Usually in the $700-1000 range. Of course there's always the Cummins shop which is Cummins Southern Plains. Here's one that popped up and they've been in business since 1952. I'd think they might be a good shop. http://www.dieselpumpinjector.com/[SUP][/SUP] Might also want to pull the injectors and have them tested at the same time. It's usually a minimal cost or sometimes free, especially if they do a rebuild. You want everything working in harmony.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a new Bosch ve off e-bay for 800.00 don't know what cpl it was made for but it is rated at 103 kw = 139hp. Manufactured 2003 on road use.. The guy selling them will give you 100.00 for a core. = 700.00 is a great price.
My old pump was rated at 77kw = 105hp. Old pump # 055 off cpl 858 you can read my post in performance new ve pump for resultes .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys I thought that I replied to this last week, guess it did not post....

So I sent the pump to Victoria injector for a reseal, clean-up and bench test. Well on Friday I was told there is a broken internal part and a rebuild would cost 2k. I not sure what to think, since it worked fine up until it started leaking. I was a little pev'ed so I asked to have it shipped back to me and I will go a different route.

At this point I am back to square one and think I am going to buy a rebuilt one.

TriHonu- Can you give me the contact or ebay name of the guy you bought from?

If anyone else has a good source or a lead on a new or rebuilt VE pump shoot me a PM or respond. I would like to get repair done and out of my garage.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had a similar experience with a pump shop in Oregon. Gotta watch some of these shops. What part costs 2 grand to fix on these pumps? I've had electronic ve pumps from vw applications completely reworked for just North of a grand. I find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't notice something that will cost 2 grand affecting performance or at least making some strange sounds.

sent from my mobile look at device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts