Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at buying a 4BT that has a SAE #3 adapter and flywheel. Does this pattern fit any manual transmission? I have been searching this forum plus done various other internet searches but with no luck. The answer I receive may ultimately determine which transmission I use.

I would prefer to use a Ford/Mazda M5R2 transmission but may need to buy an adapter to fit the Ford transmission. Would the current flywheel fit either the SAE #3 adapter or the Ford adapter.

Thank you in advance for your help.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.

My brother, father, and I will need to decide what we want to do. I did some research on the Spicer box and got a bit spooked at its creeper gear and wider gear ratios since our truck will be a go-getter and commuter which rarely tows, if ever. The gearing issue of the Spicer concerns me since we will be running stock-sized tires and have a 3.73 rear. The gearing of the Ford/Mazda M5R2 transmission had appealed to us. The M5R2 seems ideal for a leisurely Sunday-go-a-meetin' kind of truck.

What would a new SAE adapter, flywheel, and starter be worth, if we sold it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.