Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in East Lansing at MSU for grad school (Mechanical Engineering if you were wondering). The Burb is back at my parents place in Rochester sitting under the snow waiting for me to come back to work on it.

So anyone have a running 4bt truck in MI? Any projects?

:beer: Andy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Bud Nice To Meet You, I Have Been Running A 4bta In A '76 Ihc Scout Ii For 18 Months Now Love It The Best Fuel Milage I Have Seen Was 37 And The Worst Has Been 21 Got To Love It. Iam Down State (jonesville)

·
Registered
278 Posts
What did it take to get 37 mpg? Is it a typo for 27?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I get mine running we should try to have a 4bt meet 'n greet sometime. I think we should probably wait until there isn't any more of this white crap on the ground :)

I'm also curious about that 37mpg? Going downhill for a long time? ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in Big Rapids right now, but planning on moving closer to GR since I am working there. just recently gradjeeated and been on the lookout for a motor for my truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jackson, Michigan here. Have a '73 Travco 270 Motorhome that's been repowered with a 6bt/518 out of a '93 D250. Also am in the process of building an M38a1 Jeep with a Mercedes OM616.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cedar springs here. just sold my 99 dodge 24valve:confused: .but i am going to pick up my new 1990 cummins dodge with 90,000 miles soon, and i own a 1.6l turbo diesel jetta. put a larger turbo, 2.5" mandrel exhaust and some pump work done to it. been looking for a deal on a 4bt.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don!!! been a long time. I met you a few years ago in Peru. at the first gathering. funny how we run into people from other forums!:beer:

·
Registered
35 Posts
SALINE, MI just under Ann Arbor, The white stuff is gone but its younger brother is here , Mr rain.... GO BLUE.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
WELL HELLO, HELLO.....Michiganders.... I know my profile thing says WI, but thats where im going to school but I'll be back in MI this summer trying to get a 4bt swap done before mid-august so that I can get a 22ft. Step van out of my Fathers lawn, (whoops). From Saginaw and Tri-city area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone good at making motor mounts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts