Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a lead on another truck with the fe6ta engine in it. I know its a 6 cylinder with a inline fuel pump but i really dont know anything else about it.
Lets hear some info on them???? Cant find much online. The one im looking at is i believe a 1997.

Any electronics within the fuel pump? Reliability? Would be nice to hear if someone has done a swap with one instead of the cummins 6bt

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
Quite a bit of info on these on the internet. It was 6.9 L inline 6 with 225 HP used in the UD series medium duty trucks. The A probably means intercooled. I saw mention of a U1 and U2 model. Not sure what that means. Don't know that we've ever had anyone use one in a swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a lead on another truck with the fe6ta engine in it. I know its a 6 cylinder with a inline fuel pump but i really dont know anything else about it.
Lets hear some info on them???? Cant find much online. The one im looking at is i believe a 1997.

Any electronics within the fuel pump? Reliability? Would be nice to hear if someone has done a swap with one instead of the cummins 6bt
I swapped afe6ta into a1990 f150.I bought a damaged ud nissan cmf88 .used everything from the radiator,engine mounts,clutch gearbox,pretty much the lot .got a 6 speed of.it had air con on it so didn't have to alter that ,power steering pump is gear driven so only had to mount a res.(of the cmf88)goes fantastic has really low down torque will pull away at 1100 no prob.with a 3.00 diff does about 1800 @100km/hour anywhere between 10 5 and 12 litres /100kmtruck was 210hp ,but i put a intercooler,done away with wastgate opened fuel up a bit gets about15 psi boost now so dont know what hp.had to reorintate the turbo to get it away from the firewall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts