Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new here from illinois, I've gotten kind of bored with my car and have been looking into diesels, and actually came upon this site through a fsj forum. but anyway i tried searching on here and didnt get anything, has anyone put a 4bt into a dodge raider? or is it just too small of a vehicle? thought it would be an awesome combo, suprised i couldnt find anything on it

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that find, i haven't really looked anywhere other than here

·
Registered
854 Posts
Have you thought about swapping in an Isuzu Diesel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not til now heh. I literally just started considering swapping into something. Originally I just wanted a diesel ram, but really dont need one. So once I looked around more I figured a smaller engine would be easier to work with and a smaller vehicle can get good milage and still have some fun. Is there a certain Isuzu motor people are using in swaps?
quick search on ebay I found this engine w/ trans decent price
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...009QQitemZ190190579671QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
looks kind of large

any isuzu swap forums out there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw that too.

I've been lurking here for a while, I guess it's time to post.

I saw that isuzu engine also, and did a little research, but couldn't find much info on it. Anybody have any experience with it. Particularly I'm wondering about the mileage that setup gets in the original trooper. I'm assuming it would be about equivalent in my wrangler. I'm putting together the pieces now, but really wanted to hold out for the cummins 3.3T ($ is the big speed bump on that)

But I wonder about dimensions, and how it would hold up. It looks like it has a timing belt.

Anybody driven the diesel trooper?

·
Registered
854 Posts
looks kind of large
Take the intercooler off of the top of it and it will look 50% smaller

You don't know what large is until you set a Cummins 4BT 3.9 next to it!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts