Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious if Cummins Factory or dealers have New Old Stock of 4BT's or 4BTA's?

If so what are they going for?.........I read somewhere that the 4 ISBT's are $7500...

berg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I checked with a local leasing company, and they said they could get a new un-assembled 4bt for around 2500-3000, I think , it has been a while.

Mikey

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
The local cummins dealer here sells factory remans for about $5G and carries all parts. I have had no trouble whatsoever getting any parts for the 4BTs, for what its worth...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rebuilt 4BT's

I hate to pass along "here say" but I spoke to Bob at Bob's Neosho Truck Parts in Wisconsin (supplier of our 4BT motor mounts) and in the conversation in response to me asking where all the mounts came from, he told me some things.

The group he sold them to sold them to a Cummins for remanufacturing. They sat on the blocks for a long time. Supposedly, again according to Bob, Cummins set a number of threshold measurements for how far an engine needed to be gone through to be called remanufactured. In other words, not all engines received new sleeves, pistons, rings, oil pumps, water pumps, you name it. They were test run and then items that did not meet specifications were dealt with, those items that met spec were not.

I have no way of knowing this to be true but it does affect my desire to buy any Cummins equipment that has a RX in the model number.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
don't know if it matters but I always assumed the 4BTs had sleeves but turns out they don't, B series no sleeves :smile:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Plant is in NC

The Cummins Plant that builds the 4BT is near Rocky Mount, NC, right on I-95.
They still make the 3.9L, but the 4.5L is the replacement 4BT, just as the 6BT 5.9L replacement is the 6.7L
Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts