Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to the folks at Autoworld and they're saying that they're about a month away from having motor mounts for sell specifically for 4bt swaps. Didn't say anything bout price or applications, except that they'd work for the '95 F-150 I've got. I'll keep you guys updated when I hear more.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks, Red! Excuse my ignorance but who is Autoworld?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
www.autoworldmt.com

They make conversion pieces for 6bt swaps such as accessory mounts, motor mounts, etc. They supply destroked with some of their mounts.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
Sine you are bound and determined to buy these mounts I would highly recommend the following steps for your own protection:

Get a guarantee in writing that the mounts "as designed" you are purchasing will fit without additional modifications there by being a "bolt in" installation.

Save all correspondence before and during the transaction. Save all copies of everything involved.

Pay using a major credit card such as Mastercard in case your connection with them suddenly goes dead after the purchase, then the credit card company will step in and assist you.

Remove your old engine and have your chassis ready for the install the day these mounts arrive. Test fit the motor as soon as possible. Notify them immediately if something is not right.

Where in WV are you located? There are a lot of ambitious folks from WV over on www.mountaineeroffroad.com that may be willing to help with setting your engine in your chassis. You may want to consider asking for some help over there before buying these mounts. If you could make a temporary set out of cardboard and ductape Moontank could weld up a set for you. I know that Crewcab59 makes mounts for his installations.

I have not had any personal dealings with Autoworld. Reading the postings over on www.turbodieselregister.com it looks like their business priority list runs with racing as number one, conversions as number two, fabricated parts as number three, and service on fabricated parts lastly whenever its not race season. Maybe things have recently changed?

Good luck,

·
Registered
17 Posts
That pretty well sums them up in a nutshell. This is from personal experience not just what I read.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't made up my mind as to which way I'm gonna go, just trying to explore all of the avaliable options. Thanks for the link!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts