Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently thinking about axles i dont want to spend a lot of money right now on axles just spent a fortune on other goodies i have a stock dana 30 in my truck now 411 gears and a ford 9 rear end will the 4bt be to much torque for either or to much weight for the front end i do not ever put the truck in 4wd or anything is there any way i could do damage to the front end.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Keep a light foot on the go-pedal and you'll be fine. You can break a dana 30 with a 4 cyl gasser and a heavy foot. I'd also be more careful off-road with the added weight of the 4bt & the D30 since it has thin axle tubes.

I've also seen people run (not my preference) a half ton chevy with 40's and they hold up longer than I expcected. It's all about how you drive it. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Start saving up. The D30 can barely handle stock rigs, much less the added weight of the 4bt.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That was my path as well. I had a wore out D30 so I built a Narrowed Scout D44 for the Scrambler. I would have had the same $$ in the D30 as the 44 so the choice was obvious :jeep2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts