Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the KDP affect all B series engines including the 5.9L Common Rail? Secondly, my long term project is to swap a B3.9 into my F150. Would it be more beneficial to have the 3200 ve spring or the 3800? I know I would have to replace exhaust springs with the 3800, but I don't want to mess with it for awhile after I get it in.

·
Registered
704 Posts
For the second part of the question. What are the goals for the b3.9?power if so how much? Economy leave it alone these are just my opionons.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The KDP problem was fixed right after the first few batches of the ISB, common rail engines you don't need to worry about.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really care about the HP number. My transmission will only handle about 380 lb-ft. Wasn't planning on intercooling. Thinking maybe 190cc injectors and possible a 52mm compressor housing. So the KDP applies to the 8 valve 3.9?

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I don't really care about the HP number. My transmission will only handle about 380 lb-ft. Wasn't planning on intercooling. Thinking maybe 190cc injectors and possible a 52mm compressor housing. So the KDP applies to the 8 valve 3.9?
Taking preventative measures with the killer dowell pin and all of the timing case mounting bolts while you are in there is advised. You should also have the engine shop repair manual in your possession before working on the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts