Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 4BT to TH400 adapter plate work on a B3.3. Also I'm assuming the TH400 side of the adapter would have the same bolt pattern as a chevy 350 and 4.3 Liter. Is this correct?

·
Registered
454 Posts
yes to the gearbox side of the adaptor being sbc pattern. not sure about the other.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
If the B3.3 has the rear mounted camshaft gear drive the 4BT parts do not fit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Would a 4BT to TH400 adapter plate work on a B3.3. Also I'm assuming the TH400 side of the adapter would have the same bolt pattern as a chevy 350 and 4.3 Liter. Is this correct?
I thought I remember reading somewhere the only bellhousing with those 3.3L cummins engines were SAE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the guy who put the B3.3 into the Jeep Wrangler was were I found out about that engine. That adapter would work but might be too long when stacked up with the SAE 4 flywheel housing.
I'd like to put a B3.3 into an S10 so I don't have as much space, althought I might be able to deal with the extra length.

From what I've found, the B3.3 is based off of a Komatsu design so there would be no 4BT part compatibility.

·
Registered
22 Posts
3.3L BT Cummins / Komatsu = SAE

No sweat, the older Nissan SD Diesels were SAE3 or 4....Wilcap Adapters has some bellhousings from the old days left in the back room, me personally I saved the SAE bellhousing from the diesel scout & intent to couple it to a 3.3L with a modified older bellhousing (hydraulic linkage) and an NV3550 out of a jeep......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts