Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these went into vehicles, just not in the states. Does anyone know (have access to) the part # for the automotive style flywheel? The QSB3.3 part should work as well if you have that. Heavy is good, if diff weight options exist. I've seen pictures of it, but never any reference to the part#.

All the flywheels I've seen have been stationary use requiring a second flywheel to be the clutch or converter mating surface.

Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I know these went into vehicles, just not in the states. Does anyone know (have access to) the part # for the automotive style flywheel? The QSB3.3 part should work as well if you have that. Heavy is good, if diff weight options exist. I've seen pictures of it, but never any reference to the part#.

All the flywheels I've seen have been stationary use requiring a second flywheel to be the clutch or converter mating surface.

Thanks!
I didn't know the 3.3L was used in on-highway vehicles. I used the Phoenix casting to small block Chrysler adapter set. Can you link the pictures to the automotive style flywheel?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shop manual pages 16-7 and 16-8, check out the flywheel. It's got a flat clutch mounting surface and a bore for, what I expect, is a pilot bearing. It's very different than my flywheel, which has neither.

Also, the manual makes many references to automotive applications.

Can these motors take B3.9 flywheels?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts