Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
B3.3T in Escalade with a 5 speed project. Need Turbo advice.

Hey guys,

I picked up a decent B3.3T complete and I will be matting it to a 5 speed transmission and slipping it into an Escalade shortly. I have most of the parts for
the conversion into the truck already, but am having a bit of a hard time finding an engine rebuild kit. I need .010 undersized connecting rod and main bearings since I had my crank machined but everything else standard. Can you guys give me a little direction to a good, knowledgeable source in Canada or the US? Thanks,

BM

·
Registered
588 Posts
Check EBay for rebuild kits.

Click the link in my signature for QSB3.3T pics. I mounted a 1996 Jeep XJ AX15 with a 1999 NP231 transfercase to my QSB3.3T. I finally figured out the accessory drive. I am using a GM 12589054 Cadillac Deville 4.6L Northstar power steering pulley with the center machined out as a crankshaft pulley (6.5"). For a water pump pulley I am using 1990 Buick LeSabre 3.8L Power Steering Pump Pulley - Dorman 302-126 (5.75") with the center machined out and welded to the Cummins water pump pulley. These pulleys provide an acceptable water pump to engine speed ratio of 1.13:1.

Are you Filthy Rich Bosch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get my B3.3T all rebuilt and beautiful...got my trans adapter/clutch assembly and all my 5 speed pieces together. I am nearly ready to tear the truck apart. One remaining grey area. The turbo. I have been told the factory turbo is waaaay too small for my application (which is fine since I don't have it anyway), but now I am ready to make my turbo purchase and I am not really sure what to get. Truck will be a daily driver and pull a light fishing boat all summer (1500lbs)..and my driving is 85% hwy driving year around. I am looking for best all around driveability. Thanks for the input..

BM

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 3.1 isuzu with a he221w with a 5.5 exhaust housing really woke the motor up instant boost 0 to 20 psi in second.it's a turbo think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts