Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know where to post this so i thought this was the best spot.
I put a ball bearing turbo on a ISC 8.3 cummins today.
It got 5 pounds of boost in REVERSE backing out of the lot.

HELL YEA!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ball bearing is the way to go, faster spool and extended turbo life sound good to me! I've been meaning to ask anybody if there is a reccommended BB turbo for the 4bts...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a stage 1 garrett powermax turbo, its a direct replacement for the hx 35 on the dodge 6bt but will support up to 645 horsepower for the stage 3 version, spools like a supercharger and they are bulletproof. Plus the dodge powermax can be WATER COOLED :)

Yea theyll fit on a 4bt but they are $$$$$$$.

·
Super Moderator
8,813 Posts
It was a stage 1 garrett powermax turbo, its a direct replacement for the hx 35 on the dodge 6bt but will support up to 645 horsepower for the stage 3 version, spools like a supercharger and they are bulletproof. Plus the dodge powermax can be WATER COOLED :)

Yea theyll fit on a 4bt but they are $$$$$$$.
When they say 645hp, are they talking petrol hp or diesel?
10 petrol hp worth of air is about 1 lb/min of air.
On diesels it's completely ambiguous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There pamphlet says that the stage 3 will support nearly 400 more horsepower than stock, on 98.5 to 02 dodge they came stock with 235-245 hp. they really only have 4 different turbo models a 7.2 powerstroke, a duramax, a 24 valve dodge, and a common rail dodge( they make more like a series 50 detroit but these are there 4 mainstream turbos)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts