Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has this site been hacked?
Last night when trying come online got a message saying the site administrator had banned my IP address and to "click here" to resolve it.
This morning no message and straight onto the site.
Cheers Steve

·
Administrator
285 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. That is unusual. I'm guessing you didn't take a screenshot. Could you provide more details (eg browser version, device etc)?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Fergus

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I had that issue a couple of years back, but it was due to the fact that I was using a satellite ISP and IP addresses were not fixed to an individual user.....................$.02

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry did not see this before it happened again. Happened the next night (Western Australia), think it was like 8:30 in the morning Stateside.
Just comes up as a box on the main page. Eggman may have it right as I was having issues with my wireless Modem. I will not be back at that house for 3 weeks, will check again then and if it happens again I will get the screen shot
Thanks Steve

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Sorry to be late to the party, but been busy as of late...

Unless you have a static IP assignment from your IPS, very time you get online you'll likely have a different IP address (though it's surprising you'd waiver from blocked space to unblocked space..). We do have some chunks of IP space banned due to past issues, a lot of which is going to be fairly close to what you're likely to receive. Some of those may have been reassigned since the ban went in place, so may need review.

Next time it happens, go to http://www.whatismyip.com to determine what IP address the world sees you using and then PM that to us so we can look at that IP range again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts