Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I was looking on our Market place this morning & WOW THERE was a DIAMOND REO TR 1956
Listed for sale. It was $2700.oo which I thought was really a good price but out of my prinde range .
Man that thing would be so cool to put onto that frame set up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2 or 4x4?
What gen dodge? 1st gen find a roller for a drivetrain swap the 440ci 1 ton frame in my 91.5 D250 1st gen is not worth using and body needs ~$5k in broken spotweld and crack repairs (27 in drivers door alone) before it is worth a paint job to fix pealing paint, 4k lbs front suspension is overrated (can't do the job ).

2nd gen frame is better engineered for diesel bottom end tq ,more suitable for a body swap .
46-48 dodge pu is were Im looking for a body with a k3500 GM frame 2001-current(dirtymax 4x4).

Dream Big Chisel Down To Realty .

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I didn't understand your post. Too many works left out .
But I believe your like me You'd like to have a 46 TO 49 Dodge body for parts swap onto your frame.
........Ive got this 1989 D250 single cab already paid far but It's a real turd body wise .
SO I'd like to know if any one knows what is the easiest to put onto my frame . Mine would never get driven but maybe 1000 mile a year if I ever get it going again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SO I was looking on our Market place this morning & WOW THERE was a DIAMOND REO TR 1956
Listed for sale. It was $2700.oo which I thought was really a good price but out of my prinde range .
Man that thing would be so cool to put onto that frame set up.
Is it overpriced that much?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't think it was over priced at that price .
But you could never find another part to go with it . If you needed something extra.
& I don't want to spend that much on a RAT ROD body. & In my opinion that's all it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts