Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
I know on anything like this that I've done in the past, I'd put in another $1000 just for "stuff". (I've not done a 4BT swap, but have definitely put some engines in vehicles that they never had from the factory..)

Now, in that "stuff" category can go the expense of cables and wiring, fluids, paint, soundproofing, new fuel lines, custom / modified radiator and heater hoses, and other items you find that needs to be done at the same time. Some of those are in the $20 per item category, but get a few of them together and soon you're talking some real money.

AC alone can push up the budget by another $500 - $1000 if you have to buy a cummins mount, buy a new AC compressor, AC hoses, R-whatever you can get your hands on, etc.. I note that you're from Texas.. Might be able to get away with no AC there. It's a dry heat, right? :rasta:

And don't forget gauges. You DO NOT want to own one of these w/o a pyrometer. Sure, if you keep it bone stock, you can get away with it. Maybe. I, for one, know that I'll not be able to resist the urge to get "free power" when it's just a screw turn away. I've not found a full pyrometer (sender and gauge) for cheap yet..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts