Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on adding the a/c compressor to my 4bt and know the belts seem to come in many lengths. Since my bracket is being made as I go, I was hoping to get a list of all the different length the belt comes in so I can make sure I can get one that will fit. Any idea how much slack in the belt the tensioner can take up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
just take a piece of string measure how long you need the belt to be and go to NAPA. my belt is a 080670 and it is an 8 rib and 67.5" long, so the PN has an 8 for 8 ribs and 67 which is close to the length.. If you get on www.rockauto.com you can search there too. gates part numbers will be like mine with a k in front of it, i just ordered a K080670 and it says in the description that it is 67.5" long. just type in part numbers until you find one close to what you need, they generally go up in increments of 5.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
There can be different sizes depending on the set up and accessories.
Do you have the Serial Number of the engine? With that you can check Quickserve for what should be on it.
Other than that you will have to measure the length required.

·
Registered
13,090 Posts
That is correct. 4bt's came with various styles of fan hubs and tensioners so belt length varies. There were even several sizes of alternator pulleys and water pump pulleys used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts