Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’m going nuts here. My engine CPL is 0727. It is in a 87 Ford Bread Van. I need to replace my belt tensioner and serpentine belt. According to Cummins Quicksever the part #’s for my engine are: Belt tensioner =3922900 / Belt =3921753. I cross referenced the #’s to gates and came up with belt tensioner = 38504 / belt = K080550. The belt is too short and the tensioner sticks out too far and interferes with the v belt for the vacuum pump.

Does anyone know the correct part #’s or why these parts don't fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Is your old tensioner have the same # as your new one? That part # list for a C series engine .

I will do some checking for you.

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old tensioner is a Dayco part # 3937556 and it crosses to a gates 38513
The next longer gates belt is a K080560.
So I guess my next question is why is Cummins Quickserve giving me part#'s that don't match what's on my engine? I double checked my ESN and also checked that it was correct on Quickserve.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
1. Can you post up pics of the front of the engine?
2. Cummins quick serve goes off you engine # /CPL # , all engines are built off these # .

This what may have happen ,at some point someone swaped parts from another engine , tensionor plate ,tensionor ect.

If you don't work thing out as they are than you need to go with the old # and work from there.

Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help CrewCab59. I'll post a pic when I get it put back togather. Which part # list as a C series, the Gates 38504?

I got the van directly from the bread company, so you wouldn't think they would swap parts around like that, (servicing nightmare) but you never know. Anyway Napa has a 38513 in stock so I'm going to go compare it to the 38504

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to my local Napa and checked Gates 38513. It is the same thickness as the 38504 so Gates tensioner will not work if you have belt driven vac pump.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thanks for the help CrewCab59. I'll post a pic when I get it put back togather. Which part # list as a C series, the Gates 38504?

I got the van directly from the bread company, so you wouldn't think they would swap parts around like that, (servicing nightmare) but you never know. Anyway Napa has a 38513 in stock so I'm going to go compare it to the 38504

The 3922900 list it as a C series but still may fit other engines .I will go and check the one I have for you.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts