Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to change out all my hard lines and Vulcan shows a kit for the
12v, but I'm not sure if it will work with the VE??

Anybody know the thread size for the LP outlet, Fuel Filter inlet & outlet and IP feed?? I guess I can just get adapters and JIC fittings seperately and make my own kit..

Anybody ditch their hard lines for bigger 3/8" rubber lines???

THX

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like 12mm X 1.5 for all fittings....Sound right?? Anybody??

·
Registered
425 Posts
I took my fitting off the LP inlet and took it to the hardware store to get the right thread. I'll see if I can find anything in my notes but I don't think mine was metric.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eveything I see on the cummins forums, vulcan and glacier diesel big line kits say the 12V takes a 12mm thread for the rotary VE pumps.. Do you think that a 3/8" NPT will fit (and not leak) all the fittings LP, FF & IP..They should all be the same...Right??

·
Registered
116 Posts
lines

Hello,
You should not use rubber for injection lines as it will swell from pressure.
I got a big line kit from CrewCab59 and it is stainless. Just my opinion, Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not planning on replacing injector lines just the lp to ff to ip...

Crewcab got a stainless big line kit? How much$$?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is for a P pump and I got a lot of other stuff at the same time, so I don't know exactally. Contact him and see what he says. Ed

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm not planning on replacing injector lines just the lp to ff to ip...
I was talking about the inlet of the LP from the gas tank. It's the barbed fitting so we probably aren't talking about the same parts i.e. metric vs standard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
On my 02 dodge I changed out the lines to the big line kit.
No difference!!1
you are throwing good money to fix a non problem unless you are making 800 + hp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I want to do the big line kit is for the wvo system..If I don't use it I have to cut the factory hard lines and clamp rubber line to reroute the fuel plumbing for the veggie system..I'd like to keep fuel lines as clean as possible and also have the 3/8" line for better flow with veggie oil. Without taking all of the fittings off it's hard to tell what the threads are and if they are all the same..I'm really suprised no one has done this mod yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the lift pump off and it looks like 3/8" npt will fit the inlet and outlet.. I still need to check the fuel filter ports and VE inlet..If it turns out that they are all 3/8" that's a lot cheaper than the vulcan kit..I'll keep you guys posted on my findings..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts