Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on some billet valve cover covers for the 4bt. This is one i did for the 12 valve 6bt. What do you guys think. The 4 bt is just like it. If i can get permission from the sight i want to do one with the 4BT swaps logo on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure yet. I want to try to get a good price on the material so they will be reasonable. I don't want to make them if they are going to be to expensive. I will let you know once i get it worked out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
How about a full piece top that would just sit on top of the existing covers and be held down by the present fasteners on the individual valve covers. I would be interested in a few with the Red Cummins, if the price was right

Paul

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would be interested in the red cummins cover either one piece or individual.

Eugene

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about that i misunderstood the question about the individual covers.
Yes it will be just one cover for all the cylinders. It will use the front valve cover and back valve cover bolt. Mount just like the one that comes on the 12 valve dodges.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sorry about that i misunderstood the question about the individual covers.
Yes it will be just one cover for all the cylinders. It will use the front valve cover and back valve cover bolt. Mount just like the one that comes on the 12 valve dodges.
How would the center two valve covers be held dow to prevent leaks. I would worry only being held down on each end may not apply the needed sealign force to the center valve covers. Why not use each bolt on each valve cover ?

Paul

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you could do something like this

or work the cummins logo on to it with the dodge part(im swapping into a 89 FORD F250) Would be nice!! I like what you got but I would like this one better.

Just my opinion.

Also any word on how much these will cost?

·
Registered
72 Posts
How would the center two valve covers be held dow to prevent leaks. I would worry only being held down on each end may not apply the needed sealign force to the center valve covers. Why not use each bolt on each valve cover ?

Paul

Just bolt the center valve covers down before the ends and problem solved. The cover does that, just covers the bolts for the center valve covers and cleans up the look of the engine. :)

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
The 91.5 - 93 Dodges used the same bolts on cylinders 2 through 5 as our 4BT's do. Cylinders 1 & 6 incorporate a bolt that has a stud as part of the bolt located above the hex of the bolt. This permits the o-ring seals to be used on all of the valve covers. The logo plate is held in place with two nuts that thread onto the extended bolts used in cylinders 1 & 6. If additional info is needed I may be able to find one and take a picture.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would be interested in a 6BT. PM if you want to sell one.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
This is fine and I will email you the logo. But you do need to pay the $75 to recieve the vendor star... Looks like you have a lot of interest, they look killer!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
The 91.5 - 93 Dodges used the same bolts on cylinders 2 through 5 as our 4BT's do. Cylinders 1 & 6 incorporate a bolt that has a stud as part of the bolt located above the hex of the bolt. This permits the o-ring seals to be used on all of the valve covers. The logo plate is held in place with two nuts that thread onto the extended bolts used in cylinders 1 & 6. If additional info is needed I may be able to find one and take a picture.

This is what BobS is talking about the cover hold down bolts and top nut.
This bolt and top nut is from a 94-98.5 6b.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
How about colors guys. There is Blue red purple and black any preferances there? I talked to Crewcab59 and he is going to handel the sales of the cover. If you would like to contact him for an order so we can see how many we need to build that would be great. I will be getting him a cost hear real soon.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts