Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a conversion of a utility vehicle to diesel- dropping in a Kubota D600 (out of production, made through the 80s I think). Just wondering if anyone has experience using biodiesel (homebrew, made from WVO) in their kubota diesel engine or tractor... Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have no experience, but from what I have read, the Bio will clean your fuel system, so be ready with a few sets of filters. You may want to install Viton fuel lines & eventually Viton seals on your lift pump & injector pump when they start to weep. Of course, while the engine is ut, it's alot easier.

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Instead of doing homebrew biodiesel, I'd recommend running a two-tank system and just using the WVO directly. Start the motor on biodiesel and then switch it over the WVO when it's warmed up. The reason I suggest this is because all of the effort and energy that will go into homebrew biodiesel isn't worthwhile when the motor can just burn the WVO directly.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a 1999 Kubota B2200, and I have been making BioDiesel for 8 years, and running it in my Kubota with out any problems. I run a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the Mercedes 3.0L Diesel, my Volkswagen TDI Jetta, and my 1998 Dodge with the 5.9L Cummins. They all LOVE running on Bio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.