Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Right next to the turbo, in one of the freeze plugs, there is a connector held in place by an allen-head screw. This plug (I'm assuming for the heater block) interferes with my wastegate actuator. I'm not sure what the heater looks inside, but looks like if I could turn the thing 180 degrees, it would get out of the way of the actuator. Can I do this?
Thanks,
Mikel

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hello,
Right next to the turbo, in one of the freeze plugs, there is a connector held in place by an allen-head screw. This plug (I'm assuming for the heater block) interferes with my wastegate actuator. I'm not sure what the heater looks inside, but looks like if I could turn the thing 180 degrees, it would get out of the way of the actuator. Can I do this?
Thanks,
Mikel
The block heaters on my 4BTA's are a U Shape Element that is bent so it sits almost parallel with the inside of the block side. It can be turned and tightened in any position......AS LONG as the U Shape element does not contact the block. You will have to look inside to be sure no casting is in the way of the position you want to turn it to. You could also relocate it to another knock out plug (freeze plug).

Paul

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
On the Dodge 6BT the element goes in a short distance and makes a 90* turn and is quite a bit longer after the bend. There are expansion plugs on that side that are the same size, may be able to move it to one for easier access if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts