Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Dougal,

Books that are "out of print" or sometimes hard to locate can be found here:
http://www.abebooks.com/ This is a compiled world wide listing of used book resellers. Be cautious as there are quite a few stores that are currently selling used books at outrageous prices that can still be purchased as new for far less money. Also watch for international shipping rates at high prices.

Remember to check the links on here to Bosch publications available directly from them.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that source Bob. I had a quick search and will have a more in-depth hunt later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wish i could be more help but as far as pumps go im handing mine to industrial injection and telling cody to have fun.

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That SAE paper on bosch pumps arrived.

It gives a breif rundown on all the common inline pumps, then goes into much deeper detail on the Bosch P pumps.
Also covers the bolt-on options for the pumps, different govenor types, timing advance devices and boost compensators.

My 4BD1T has a P pump made by Diesel-Kiki of japan under license to bosch, my engine was sold into the japanese domestic market.
The photos I have seen from the Aussie 4BD1's (non turbo) show a A type pump.

I have also ordered a copy of the "Diesel Engine Reference Book" directly from SAE. Much more agreeable price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts