Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the Shop and Operations Manual for the Bosch VE Pump used on the 4BT/4BTA Engines. I want to learn all aspects of the VE Pump, how it operates, its controls and various adjustments. Right now the workings of the VE Pump is a Black Box that I must learn. Can someone point to to a source for this manual.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got something I could email you, it is a 66pg VE tecnical manual, and covers a bunch of VE pump stuff. 4th edition, pub1999.

It's like 2 megs or something. I'm going to try and send it now. :)

EDIT: gosh, I'd like to send it but no email for you! PM me an address I can send this too. It's good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
sent to both of you. I wish I could remember where I found it.

Just a note of information though: this is not your average shop manual type of deal. This appears to be Euro-style and is heavy on the reading, but very, very good information and I highly recommend and endorse this thing.

If any one has some webspace and wants to host this for the board, say the word. It's a 1.6meg file.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If any one has some webspace and wants to host this for the board, say the word. It's a 1.6meg file.
Please, someone say the word! I'm shure that I speak for many when I say that I would like to download this. Asking tacoma to e-mail this to everybody would be asking a lot from one person and it would be easier to just down load it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can handle the number of members on this site so far LOL

but yeah, would be easier. I'm happy to send it though, so just ask and it's yours.

·
Registered
137 Posts
AH! excellent.

The manual I have IS listed in the FAQ. I also just asked our shop girl what it would cost to print some (which for the time being, is illegal, for US), and she said it's $0.09 per double-sided sheet... so for the big 588p 4bt/6bt manual, that's $25.92, plus some tax and a $3 3-ring binder.

I'll be calling Cummins on Monday to see what it would take to get legal permission to reprint these on a really, REALLY limited basis (like for the site), but if I can get it, expect the big manual to sell for $40, and the smaller ones for less.

Or you can print them yourself. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts