Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started on Dovebid, when I found my baby in Belgrade Montana 10 hours from my home town of Regina, Saskatchewan. 180000 miles, 4bt and Runs Good, was the only description. 2500 bucks later I was off to Belgrade with my girlfriend, we arrived at the U.S. border crossing 25 minutes after close. This was the start of our problems, instead of doubling back to the main highway we decided to head cross country to the next border crossing. After about 25 miles the big gravel road began getting a little smaller, then became a dirt road, then soon after getting turned around about 10 times we were heading cross country without roads at all. At around midnight with the gas light flashing and my girlfriend panicking we finally found a farm yard and were able to buy some gas off an old farmer. Well with some directions and 3 more hours of driving we finally got across.

In the end the fritolay truck turned out to be a beauty. To my surprise its intercooled and runs and drives like a top. 12 hours of peddle to the aluminum with ear plugs in at 55 mph up hill, 65 mph downhill I averaged 18 mpg. Its gonna be hard to cut up this girl, probably need to buy another one now. How do you tell which type of pump it has?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about 2 weeks b4 Christmas.

Anyone know what it would cost for a brand new bread truck with a 4bt? I bet its over $50k?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts