Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the DHRA finals in Las Vegas last week end and thought you guys might enjoy the photo's of this Bronco Conversion. I spoke briefly with the owner and he said he has had the engine up beyond 400 HP to the ground but it wasn't quite street-able mainly due to the turbo size. He is down to his forth turbo combination which resulted in about 250 HP to ground and it's very street-able now!

100_1088.JPG

100_1089.JPG

100_1091.JPG

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few more shots ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did he say what kind if turbo he is running? Do you have any shots of it?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did he say what kind if turbo he is running? Do you have any shots of it?
Sorry I didn't get a close up of the turbo but it looked just like the one on my '06 Cummins because of the small 9mm exhaust housing...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wow that is amazing. Another claim to 400HP RW. That is pretty awesome. Everything about that bronco is clean. To bad to hear about 400HP and streetable. I'm assuming when people say that it just has to much lag to make it really work on the streets. Hmmmmmm Hence the reason for twins I guess.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A buddy told me that he's running a Garrett turbo, he also said that it idles crazy smooth (balanced, blueprinted)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just got the new diesel power magazine and they said that guy chaz had453 hp 712 lb-t of tourque but had to detune it to 350 hp. He is on is 5 turbo setup. He is running a 4r100 with custom torque converter. The engine was balanced and blueprinted. He put 14mm arp stud on the heads. he used a 12 valvle lift pump. This truck is awesome i hope mine turns out to be some what close to this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the new diesel power magazine and they said that guy chaz had453 hp 712 lb-t of tourque but had to detune it to 350 hp. He is on is 5 turbo setup. He is running a 4r100 with custom torque converter. The engine was balanced and blueprinted. He put 14mm arp stud on the heads. he used a 12 valvle lift pump. This truck is awesome i hope mine turns out to be some what close to this one.
Well Chaz doesn't quite have the 4R100 in yet. After the local diesel drags in a few weeks he will start swapping it in. The NV4500 is in there now and the clutch isn't liking the torque, and Chaz's right foot. I remember seeing this when he brought it out back in March. And I will admit that it is the smoothest of the 4BTs I have seen. The amount of work is insane. I am considering a drop in with a set of govener springs and maybe a little bump of the injection pump. Chaz has a few other crazy ideas that will come about. Those will make the 4BT Bronco look normal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Verrrrrry sweet ride, it has been killing me not to have seen the mag yet. I am a sucker for anything with aluminum and silver vein powder coat. (insert drooling sound here) ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts