Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am getting my old bronco in a couple days. Finally. I am wanting to swap in a 4bt. I would love some input on the swap. What combos did yall use in your applications? Any problems installing etc. Also what kind of fuel mileage are you getting. I checked out the hod rodded 66 in diesel power and he is getting awesome fuel mileage with a bad motor. Any input and advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are a few EBs here and on classicbroncos. MPG figures from reliable sources are in the high 20s, low 30s. Lots and lots of variables here. Performance + MPG is a touchy subject around here though....:nuke: Seems the most popular EB transmission is the NV4500 because of the good 1st gear and availability of dodge bellhousing adapters. I think there is a guy on here that has a ZF in his. I'm still in the process of sourcing parts, my backup is a ZF + NP205. Ive got a few other options that are more unique (read: difficult and expensive), all of which center on an old 4 speed and various sorts of auxiliary gearing.

Search for a thread called "Lets talk transmissions" and one called "which manual transmission" That should give you the ins and outs of just about every option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts