Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year I finally installed my 3200 spring. What a great improvement in performance! Now I get to start twisting screws.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
good stuff, once i have a trans that can take it, i will be playing with some of these mods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since adding the 3200 spring I've turned the full fuel screw one turn, low boost screw one turn, and rotated the full load diaphragm 90 degrees. Talk about bringing a motor to life, this is it. I keep asking myself why I didn't do this a long time ago, and the best part is it's all free . . . until I blow up the motor.
My truck is just over 6000lbs with 6:1 gears and 38in Boggers. Pre turn up the truck would reach 65 downhill with some buildup. Now, the truck rockets to 65 and beyond. Also, there has been a substantial reduction in lag on the low end. I have several more adjustments I want to continue to tinker with, but first i need to reroute my exhaust so I can dump black smoke on the all the hippies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just remove the nylon washer in the afc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have several more adjustments I want to continue to tinker with, but first i need to reroute my exhaust so I can dump black smoke on the all the hippies.
One of the most ingnorant statements I hear. Diesels can be tuned to make crazy power without all the black smoke, then when some dipshit thinks it's cool to blow soot all around town we all suffer when emissions testing and more regulations come our way. Dubvee, do us all a favor and drive your truck off a cliff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the most ingnorant statements I hear. Diesels can be tuned to make crazy power without all the black smoke, then when some dipshit thinks it's cool to blow soot all around town we all suffer when emissions testing and more regulations come our way. Dubvee, do us all a favor and drive your truck off a cliff.
Brace yorself Crusty But this might be more ignorant . . . fuck you hippie.
I'm dirving a truck with a 20 year old diesel motor in it, at its best it's an awful polluter. If your so concerned with soot than "emsisons testing and more regulations" are appropriate. How do we all suffer from the government trying to limit air pollution? Maybe we should shut this site down and drive all our trucks off a cliff. Anyone?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brace yorself Crusty But this might be more ignorant . . . fuck you hippie.
I'm dirving a truck with a 20 year old diesel motor in it, at its best it's an awful polluter. If your so concerned with soot than "emsisons testing and more regulations" are appropriate. How do we all suffer from the government trying to limit air pollution? Maybe we should shut this site down and drive all our trucks off a cliff, or am I the only polluter?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Well now, DubVee, many can understand your viewpoint and see why you reacted with that answer, but consider this: RIGHT NOW in America there's a huge battle going on. There's the ultra-Green wackos pushing for the outlawing of internal combustion engines, period. From there less rabid of that sort push for stronger pollution standards, multi-fuel etc. We are now, today, fighting desperately for the survival of IC engines of any type!

Currently the best bet for long term performance and minimum pollution is the diesel. We really do have to do all we can to encourage the use of diesel, because other fuel alternatives are intentionally hopeless dead ends. If the Ultra-Greens can push the performance level downward, like with bio-alky, then it's a short jump to demanding all electric.

What we, you, me, Crusty Nut and other members of this forum and the diesel community, want is to PROMOTE diesel, in a kindly manner. We need to PROVE that diesel is the answer and not multi-fuel or electric or hybrids. So I would guess that Crusty is just as PRO-DIESEL as you are, and isn't in fact a wimpy sappy piece of, you know, hippy. I ask that you retract your answer to him for the sake of the diesel cause, because we NEED each other! I believe that you simply misunderstood his intentions which are good and are in your favor. I also ask Crusty's gentlemanly forgiveness of DubVee's exuberance, and possibly relative youth.

We need to fight the fight together, not at each other's throats!

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
Alright you guys, settle down and play nice.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
guys no need to be testy here IMO.. I guess I'm on both ends of the spectrum. I work and care a lot about emissions issues but I have also usually turned my truck up too (the power is addictive) :) Anyway, look its America people can do what they want. I try to promote clean diesel too (I do make efforts to tune by truck so it doesn't smoke -- but I also like it this way so I can save fuel) but people will be people and that is the way it is. I also don't think a Hummer on 38's really hides in any way what its priorities are :) It also varies a lot where you live.. Here in Utah every 5th vehicles is a jacked truck spewing more smoke than brains.. Costs a lot of money to burn extra fuel :)

Plus in my opinion the battle has already gone towards the efficiency and emissons reductions as much as possible, so I don't think some guy in a Hummer spewing smoke is going to change much...

But anyway, this is not official but of we can refrain from real bashing that would be great.. Thanks guys, Andre (Site Admin)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ha ha, I'm used to sites where people REALLY call each other out. I do realize this site is more civilized. I am very pro diesel, very pro "earth conscious", and feel diesel is the best long term solution to everyones transportation needs. I live in a area that is very divided between very liberal and very non-liberal.
Idiots that think blowing soot just to be cool or macho are only hurting us all by convincing people that diesel is a dirty fuel with no future.
I have a hot rod background, different from most here with a 4wd background. In the 50's hot rodders had a bad stigma and they worked diligently to turn that around through organized drag racing and reliability runs and helping stranded motorists. Eventually they were seen as "car guys" instead of thugs or hoodlums.
DubVee, help spread the good word about diesels and alternative fuels instead of tearing down what is started.
Enough man drama. Now, back to the regulary scheduled programming.
Oh, and by the way, I'm putting my 4BT in my Model A so I can have a biodiesel powered hot rod that gets great milage and melts tires as needed.
It's been said, "my hot rod is a hybrid, it burns fuel and rubber"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Smoke

I'll tell you something about my rigs, if there not smokin' then there broken. Maybe I'm just an old school farm boy, but thats just the way its supposed to be.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I'll tell you something about my rigs, if there not smokin' then there broken. Maybe I'm just an old school farm boy, but thats just the way its supposed to be.
Your engine will run a lot longer and your oil a lot cleaner if you tune out the smoke.
All that soot going into the oil isn't good for anything.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Your engine will run a lot longer and your oil a lot cleaner if you tune out the smoke.
All that soot going into the oil isn't good for anything.
I agree with the engine wear point. Also, why let unused fuel escape through the exhaust?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I like my top end power, so I have to over fuel some on the bottom end to keep it that way. Plus my PODs are smokey anyway, they mean it when they say "roll the coal when wanted" If I putt around I don't really blow that much smoke, I guess I just drive purdy aggressive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts