Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***EDITED*** Sept 24, 2007 UPDATED AGAIN MAY 27, 2008

I have been getting some PMs about occasionally disputes here from the classifieds. While we would prefer to not have to get involved, some require moderator involvement. Please use this thread and we will try to get these issues resolved.

We will also use this thread to post up a "do not buy" list and in general will have a 2 or 3 strike system depending on severity of the complaint. If you F over someone repeatedly, you will be banned from sales and/or banned from this site entirely.

I am also instituting a 10 post count minimum so you physically cannot sell here unless you have at least 10 posts under your belt and are an active part of the community.

If you have any questions feel free to contact myself or any other moderators with an issues. Thanks, Andre

DO NOT BUY LIST:

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks Paul..

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys if you see this happen or if there are questionable posts, vendor posts, etc, if you don't mind click the "report this post" link... Thanks! Andre

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only bad thing about this policy is that folks like myself that dont have the 4 bangers still stick together with other Cummins folks and would like to offer our stuff to them also. I have a 12v cummins and have sold parts to two different people on this site (through ebay:puke: )that they have modified to work for their application. I dont post here but I do a lot of reading here. I guess my thought was that this site was a tool to help out all Cummins fans :idea: and limiting it kinda sucks.:pissed:

·
Registered
427 Posts
The only bad thing about this policy is that folks like myself that dont have the 4 bangers still stick together with other Cummins folks and would like to offer our stuff to them also. I have a 12v cummins and have sold parts to two different people on this site (through ebay:puke: )that they have modified to work for their application. I dont post here but I do a lot of reading here. I guess my thought was that this site was a tool to help out all Cummins fans :idea: and limiting it kinda sucks.:pissed:
get involved in a few discussions, get 10 posts and you're in.. no biggie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
get involved in a few discussions, get 10 posts and you're in.. no biggie.
Oh, I know. Its just the idea. I really dont need another daddy!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I can somewhat understand Dodge359's feelings, but I think it's a great idea anyway, under the circumstances:

With so many technical similarities between the two of 4BT-6BT there's hardly an excuse to not post 10 times. About the only way I'm of any use at all here is in trying to help on questions, either by sharing what worked for me or in posting tecnical information I may be aware of. That's my sum total of contribution to the website though I wish I could help financially as well. The whole point of the exercise is to offer a living database and information exchange and to create and support a 'family' of people with like interests: Cummins and diesel swaps and related issues. Family helps each other....

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
It's to weed out what some forums call "the rug merchants" The ones that have no interest in the hobby but are here trying to unload their stuff strictly to make a buck. I'm not talking about any legitimate businesses but back door dealers that probably aren't paying taxes on their gains at our expense. Maybe they outbid you on Dovebid by a hundred bucks at say $1500 and now they are trying to sell the engine for $2000 after they recycled the rest for $1000. The ones that show up with their very first posting being a "for sale" ad in the classifieds. I am not talking about posting a "wanted ad" as a first posting as there is nothing wrong with doing that. A wanted ad usually shows you want to get involved in the hobby.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys post has been deleted.. Sorry no room for argument or discussion, that is the policy..

Thanks, Andre (site owner)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To the top for this for the guy with no posts who keeps posting his bread truck for sale and wondering why it is deleted 3 times now..

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am also moving the 10 post minimum thread into this one for a little housecleaning. The first post has been edited to also include buyer/seller disputes as well as 10 post minimum issues. Again, I will be changing the software to not allow peope with 10 (measly) posts or less to post in classifieds.

Thanks, Andre

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like this rule. I'm a member on another forum and it annoys me when people join just to sell something and never contribute.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are the rules for posting links to things you find for sale and want to let others know about?

My example would be an 4BD2 & trans for sale in my area for $300. I think it may be a great deal for someone, I'm just not in a spot to do anything at this time so I just keep looking at it and thinking some one would love to pick that up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts