Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local fritolay branch said they might sell me a van. How much have you guys paid for running vans with a good 4BT in them? I am wondering what I should offer.

And to anyone who has bought a whole van, and then scrapped it. How much did you make for the aluminum at a recycler? how about the frame? Everything else?

I know these are rookie questions, but they will help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If your local fritolay works by their company rules you will not be able to buy the truck like that. They are required by the company to sell through dovebid, or so I was told by my local outlet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your local fritolay works by their company rules you will not be able to buy the truck like that. They are required by the company to sell through dovebid, or so I was told by my local outlet.
The guy i talked with on the phone said come by and see if we can work something out

·
Registered
477 Posts
Where are you from, I'll go too! Better not answer that question until you buy the van. Everyone will beat you there.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Proceed with extreme caution. You may be the target of a scammer. DO NOT PAY IN CASH. DO NOT WRITE A CHECK TO ANY INDIVIDUAL'S NAME. FritoLay has NOT dumped DoveBid as their exclusive sales outlet of surplus equipment. The current auction is listed here in the forums. Something that seems too good to be true usually isn't!

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the going rate at Dovebid these days?

(Or is it taboo to ask? :rasta: )

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sale of vans

I was told by a person that bought one that if the van was designated as salvage only the distribution centers could sell them on their own if they wanted to deal with the paper work. I guess ya just have to know the right person.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll take a wrecked one. I would cut it up anyway! If the motor/tranny are good that is all I need.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the going rate at Dovebid these days?

(Or is it taboo to ask? :rasta: )
Not taboo, however prices seem to be fluid, and going up and up all the damn time. Prices depend on where you live. Out on the west coast vans are going for 4000+
Where you are you may still see some deals in the below 1500 range if you venture down toward Ill. The days of getting a running driving van for 600 are gone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think there is 2 on ebay right now for under 2500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts