Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boots4
In the recent picture of your engine paint work you show the setup for the air to air intercooler manifold assembly. I was wondering if you have the part numbers that are cast into the parts starting with the intake plate that bolts onto the head up through the intake elbow? I would like to save these part numbers in the sticky for future references.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
BobS

I found this number on the intake horn: 6100965 USA.

I could not find a number on the spacer that the intake sits on. I will get some better pics of it this weekend so you won't have to zoom and crop from the photo you grabbed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The intake horn
there is a short and long one .

If you need the short one ,I will post them up as well.

CrewCab59
Is the one in the photo short or long? And when you say short or long your you talking length or height? (I assume length)

Please post up your numbers.

I just ordered the intake plate from Cummins. Supposed to be in on Thursday. After I pick it up I will post the number.

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very good folks. Keep the numbers coming. Boots4; the 6100965 USA casting number sounds like a subcontractor part number. CrewCab59; post what ever Cummins part numbers you have available and the year of the parts manual or engine for a referenced starting point.

The reasoning behind the numbers request: The JWAC appears to have an unknown life expectancy with corrosion as its biggest enemy. A good air filter is its best friend. I have one where it looks like the corrosion was starting to plug the passage way and someone drilled holes through it to increase air flow. I understand the JWAC is a big dollar item through Cummins. Switching to the CAC seems to be the next logical step providing the cost is bearable. Having the part numbers available should help anyone making the transition in the future.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry I mean length ,it's about half the length as the one above .I will post # 's and pics tonight.

CrewCab59
Does it look like this?

This one is on ebay right now. It's titled "92 Dodge D250 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL INTAKE MANIFOLD 5.9L"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-Dodge-D250-CUMMINS-TURBO-DIESEL-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-5-9L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36474QQihZ004QQitemZ140151685546QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

There are a lot of good parts on ebay right now. There are a couple of them I was thinking of trying out.

·
Administrator
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good guys, now we need the number for the plate that attaches these parts to the head.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Bob

Here is the rest of the # s

Gasket # 3914028
Bolts # 3918109
Cover / Plate # 3921500

Now what kind of prize do I get???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts