Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would say the odds of that combination working are slim and none....you would be a hero if you could make it work!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PCS controller

I called them and they said their controller has and will work for the Jatco/Aisan transmissions.Also the computer will come programed for the trans, then I will need to adjust some once installed. If I send them my plugs for the trans they will make a harness. The Rep said it will work with Izusu engine speed sensor and their throttle position sensor mounted on the injection pump. I forgot to ask, but I assume the speed input will come from the trans. I hope this works!bounce

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I called them and they said their controller has and will work for the Jatco/Aisan transmissions......rks!bounce
I'm also curious as to who "they" are. Sounds like they have available a universal controller that can be programmed to control many different transmissions.

If so, I'd be curious as to how much it would cost. I suspect that you could purchase a used OEM controller and harness for less. I've seen Isuzu transmission controllers listed for $50 on ebay and not sell.

Also, keep in mind that the JATCO and AISIN transmission are different, built by different manufacturers and do not have parts in common.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Powertrain Control Solutions

The person I spoke with was Russ (Techical support) from PCS in Virginia. The cheapest I've seen an OEM computer was $200, the biggest problem I'm having is getting the OEM idle switch, kick down switch, throttle position switch and sensor, dropping resister, vehicle speed sensor (part of speedometer) and wiring. My real problem is, I don't have the truck the engine came from. And only one salvage yard near me has NPR's and they want 1/2 of list price for every part. If I found a truck I could get the parts off of reasonable, I would still consider the Oem computer. At least I know I can get the PCS controller as worse case (most money almost $1000). The best part is I don't have to buy an engine adapter, flywheel, or figure a way to control, (or manuallyshift) the 4l80e. That's why I'm happy! And when/ if it doesn't shift right I will have technical support. I hope it works, because I'm putting the engine and trans in the Chevy tommorow.<Shep> P.S. Thanks for you help! This site is awesome! Were else can you seek info and ask seemingly ridiculous questions.I will post some pictures soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts