Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new.

i want to know if i can bolt a 4bt to a push botton Torque flight.

i have a 1960 chrysler imperal 4door custom. it is in relly good shape but im going to make it into a car for long trips i want to use a 4bt cummins and id like to use the factory push botton torque flight. im also thinking of adding a gear vender overdrive to make it better on the highway..... oh yea its a 3speed with 2.93 rear end...

thanks in advance for everything...

·
Registered
915 Posts
You really just need to research and see if the bell housing on the first gen dodge cummins will match up to the old TF. If it will then you should be in business. Another option might be a bell housing adapter to a chevy pattern and then use the bread van setup. However if you did that you would have to do some more adapting to make it all bolt up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thw only way I can see it working is for you to use a 2WD tranny out of a 92-95 which is known as a A618 or 46RH. It is a TF727 front half with a O/D on the4 back side that is engaged when a certain RPM is met in 3rd gear. This can be locked out by wiring a "Push Button" on the O/D L/O wire.

This is the same tranny I am using but in 4WD form.:beer:
http://4btswaps.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1245&d=1194117341 <----CLICKY

·
Registered
854 Posts
well after some looking i came up with an adapter to #4sae which from what i can gather is the same as the 4bt .
You gathered wrong. Block adapters and SAE# bellhousings are not part of the engine and do not come with the engine. You choose the block adapter/bell for the application yourself.

The very first Dodge Cummins pickups did indeed use a 727, and I am pretty sure (but not positive) that it is the big block pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts