Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I decide to do something crazy like list this on eBay, I thought I would offer it up to this forum. Let me begin by apologizing for the pics. I took these pics yesterday near the end of the day. Memphis along with most of the southeastern half of country have had lots of clouds, rain, tornados, etc, the past 2 weeks. I will add some better pics later this week.

This is a Case PTO power unit; it is a self contained unit on a small 2 wheel trailer. The trailer is nothing special except it has some nice 4 lug farm type tires on it. I would guess they may be 18-20 inch wheels\tires.

The Case PTO power unit has a hand clutch operated pto unit on the back of the engine. The 4BT equipped with a A pump sits inside sheet metal enclosure. It has a radiator --- the coolent looks green to me. I have drawn a red line around the hole in the block --- #4 cylinder. I did not find any oil on the dipstick.

Asking $1900 for the whole thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do you have more pics? does the engine run? how about a pics of the engine tag, pump,and trailer it looks like am A-pump not a P-pump

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I'm going to guess with that connecting rod sticking out the side, it doesn't run.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
USERS PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A P-PUMP

This is a load goverend (and not a speed goverened) A-pump and is NOT applicable for on-road use without modification.

EDIT: I do not want to mislead potential buyers.... daw-two has been a contributing and responsible member here for over a year.

This is just probably his first run in with a P-pump vs. an A-pump....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
USERS PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A P-PUMP!!!!!!!

This is a load goverend (and not a speed goverened) A-pump and is NOT applicable for on-road use without modification.
Thanks for the correction. I knew it was a load goverend because of the contraption on the side. Can you provide a link to information about the A Pump? I didn't even know there was such a thing as an A Pump. The only pumps I've read about are VE pumps and P pumps.

Naturally, I'm not trying to mislead anyone.

Moderators --- please change the title of this thread from:

Case PTO power unit --- 4BT with a P Pump
to
Case PTO power unit --- 4BT with a A Pump
Done, Grigg

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have more pics? does the engine run? how about a pics of the engine tag, pump,and trailer it looks like am A-pump not a P-pump
I did circle in Red the rod sticking out the side of the block. I also noted that I did not find any oil on the dipstick. I have to wonder if someone was performing an oil change and forgot to put oil back in it.

Or maybe the turbo put all the oil into the engine?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.