Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After a couple years of reading/researching/getting the funds/losing the funds/etc/etc, I'm finally looking at purchasing my 4bt to swap into my '89 Bronco. I'm in Central Kansas and will be needing advice, help, etc. Anyone nearby with a rig I could look at, advice they could give, etc?

Thanks folks!

Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright ladies and gents,

Step 1 soon to be underway!

My 1989 F250 with ZF5/BW1356 and Dana 60 rear is being delivered Thursday evening. Has pretty much everything I need to go ahead and swap to 5 speed tranny and manual shift TC.

Question:

Will the ZF5 not directly to the 302? And, will I have to lengthen/shorten drive shafts, or will the overall length from motor to TC output yoke be the same?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
786 Posts
I can't answer the tc question,in a Chevy guy, but I might be able to help in other areas.

I suggest a haynes manual and patience. Also get a full build plan posted for best help results! These guys are more than willing to help someone who can help themselves.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If the ZF is from a 351 it will bolt to the 302.
You will have to shorten the rear shaft but you should be able to use the front shaft from the truck for the front in the Bronco, that is what I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts