Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,864 Posts
Same vintage as my engine, has the wastegated IHI turbo fitted. AC pump still on there too.

Great buy at that price. I changed the title a little too.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
wow for that price it woulda been worth shipping here for a second engine to rebuild and have on hand.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I haven't had time to play with it so am unsure what condition it really is in. I did notice that the turbo is the older style with a wastegate. For a few extra bucks, I picked up the MSA 5-speed, clutch and pressure plate AND the exhaust brake. The reason that I purchased this engine was to have spare parts and also that it was close by. Price wise, I've done better. I picked up a running '89 NPR with 5-speed for around $800 and a running '92 NPR with a 4BD2T and automatic, also for around $800. So, they are available out there for a reasonable price if you can wait.

Also, if someone is contemplating using the engine for a swap, I would strongly recommend picking up the whole NPR truck. That way you have all of the misc. accessories that can cost you an arm and a leg plus many hours to locate them. You can also see how everything is hooked up and get get any bugs worked out of the engine before you pull it for your swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts