Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question, please have patients with me.

Will the motor mounts from a P30 van bolt in on another Chevrolet chassis or is there much needed fabrication?

In other words is this close to "bolt-in" or is it a complete fab job?

(I'm looking to build a 81-91 Blazer or Suburban 4x4.)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
There are two styles of P30 mounts. The "45 degree" slanted that uses the early Dodge Cummins style mounts and then there are the "fluid filled" or "horizontal" mounts. As a reference point, the 45 degree mounts appear tilted at a 45 degree angle when viewed facing the crankshaft. There are frame brackets bolted to the P30 frame that are different for each style so you just can't mix and match the two styles. It looks like you could take the complete set of mounts and put them into a 3/4 or 1 Ton 2WD truck but this has not been confirmed as 99% of these conversions end up in a 4WD chassis.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so the mounts will need fabbing to the frame, but beyond that it's just a bolt in and patch some wiring. :jester:

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I did my conversion, I went to a local wrecking yard that had 2 P-30 chassis. I removed the horizontal mounts from the frame. I installed them in a 1977 C-10 chassis. They bolted in place of the angle mounting brackets.
Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts