Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess my question is will a C20 chevy crewcab withstand the weight of the 5.9 L cummins? How much heavier is it than the 350 v-8 that is in the truck. I have the oppurtunity to buy one cheap.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
yes it will be fine ,those trucks came with 454,6.6,350 so the only thing might be the different spring 3/4 to 1 ton and engine size.

The Cummins has been in those truck for some time ,I have one but it's a 4x4.

the weight ? 1100 lb so just about the same as the 6.2

CrewCab59

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
CrewCab59 are you using the Kenworth a/c bracket/mounting location on those Cheby conversions? Drop in with some frame grinding IIRC, the Dodge a/c location was a potential issue on the 73-80ish conversions I have seen.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
CrewCab59 are you using the Kenworth a/c bracket/mounting location on those Cheby conversions? Drop in with some frame grinding IIRC, the Dodge a/c location was a potential issue on the 73-80ish conversions I have seen.
I have not use the KW mounting kit yet,the frames channels are different on the 73-80's .My truck I just had to trim a bit and most of the A/C compressor fit'sinside the frame channel.

I have seen that set up and it doen't look clean ,because you still have to fit and grind parts to get them to fit and then you have the price on top of that .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Met MCInfantry and saw his ride yesterday. That is going to be one sweet ride!
MC, Haven't been able to catch up with with either of my friends to find out about seats. Will let you know.

Virgil

·
Registered
22 Posts
cummins AC mount Pass Upper Quadrant

Cummins makes an adapter to put the AC pump on the passenger side / upper mount.... Part # 3930888OE Alt Supt/Water Inlet $47. 60 old stock.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts