Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a holset Hx25 (non waste gate) that is configured for top mount and i have a rear bottom mount manifold. I already tried to flip the manifold (making it a front top mount manifold) but there is not enough clearance on my engine bay and im about to raise the engine another 2 inches for drive angles.

long story short i have a NA Cummins 4B that im going to turbo in my '83 CJ7. There was a lot of thought that has gone into this, and its a tad risky, and im going for it.

I have not been able to find conclusive evidence of clocking an HX25. Has anyone clocked an Hx25? Or point me in the right direction for a small bottom mount turbo that will fit the manifolds T2 flange?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't remember seeing an HX25 without an integrated wastegate in its exhaust housing, but its built on the same frame as the HX27 and HE221W. On those latter two "with wastegates", there are two small locating dowels pins on the compressor housing mounting flange that keep the wastegate actuator rod aligned with the wastegate flapper in the exhaust housing. On an HX25 with no wastegate, its possible those pins are not there to worry about, but I'd still dismount the the compressor housing carefully to check, before attempting to twist ("clock") the compressor housing around on the CHRA. Other than that, just make sure the CHRA's drain is aligned as close to vertical as possible when done rotating both compressor and turbine housings around on the CHRA and I see no problem mounting the HX25 down low.

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18241&d=1312249476

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.