Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Clueless Noob Needs to Find a Shop for Swap

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CrewCab59 
#1 ·
Hi. I have been subscribing to the yahoo 4bt group for awhile and just joined up here. Between abbreviations, acronyms, and stock part #'s I can only understand about every other word in the posts. I am impressed with how helpful this community is with and hope that you can offer some advice for a rank newbie. I'd like to think that I could learn how to do this, assuming I had the time, but I have my doubts given my complete lack of mechanical experience. Frankly, I am more interested in just driving around in my 65 wagoneer running WVO than I am in busting my knuckles and scratching my head, especially when there is no guarantee that when I am done it will even work. I have picked up enough to know that I lack a lot of specialized knowledge; the connections between the engine and transmission, the beefing up of suspension, etc. There seem to be a lot of individuals doing these conversions but does anyone know of any reputable shops that can offer a turnkey conversion? If so, what can I expect to spend? Thanks in advance for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.